Pharmacist Mutual | ACA Foundation
Community Pharmacy Scholarship | Travel Grant
The American College of Apothecaries (ACA), and Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Company are offering up to two (2) pharmacy students scholarships and the opportunity to attend the 2019 ACA/ACVP Annual Conference & Expo, February 6-9, 2019, in St. Pete Beach, FL. Students must be able to attend the entire conference and pre-conference board meetings. The scholarship presentation will be at the President’s Banquet, Friday, February 8th.
Travel grants, up to $2,500 each, will cover the following expenses:
- Meeting registration for one student to attend ACA/ACVP Annual Conference & Expo – $ 300
- Special event(s) – $ 200
- Four (4) nights of hotel accommodations – $ 1,100
- Funds to cover meals and travel not covered by registration and incidentals – $ 250 (paid after attendance)
When Can I Apply?
Applications for the ACA/ACVP Annual Conference & Expo Travel Grant must be submitted no later than December 1st.
The ACA Foundation will review all complete applications and select up to two (2) pharmacy students to receive a travel grant. The decisions of the Foundation are final.
Students who have applied will be notified of the Foundations’ decision by December 31st.
How Do I Apply?
Recipients of a travel grant, for attendance at the ACA/ACVP Annual Conference & Expo, will be selected by the Foundation based on the following applicant criteria:
All applicants must:
- Fill out the Student Pharmacist Travel Grant Online Application below. Incomplete applications may be summarily disqualified from consideration.
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Be a current ACA or ACVP Student Pharmacist member.
- Be able to attend ACA and ACVP Board meetings and the ACA Foundation Board meetings on Wednesday, February 6, 2019 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST and depart no earlier than 3:00 PM EST on Saturday, February 9, 2019.
- Preferably be nominated by a current ACA, or ACVP member who plans to attend the ACA/ACVP Annual Conference & Expo.
- Submit a letter of support. This can be the same individual who nominated the applicant.
How do I join?
Visit the following websites for membership information.
ACA Student Membership Page:
ACVP Student Membership Page:
Applications are now closed. Applications will re-open on July 1st for the December 15th deadline and January 1st for the June 15th deadline.