Pharmacist Mutual | ACA Foundation
Community Pharmacy Scholarship | Travel Grant
The American College of Apothecaries (ACA), and Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Company are offering up to four (4) pharmacy students scholarships and the opportunity to attend the 2019 ACVP Veterinary Pharmacy Conference, June 6-8 in Louisville, KY or the 2020 ACA/ACVP Annual Conference & Expo, February 19-22, 2020, in St. Pete Beach, FL. Students must be able to attend the entire conference and pre-conference board meetings. The scholarship presentation will be at the Friday Awards Luncheon.
Travel grants, up to $2,500 each, will cover the following expenses:
- Meeting registration for one student to attend ACVP Veterinary Pharmacy Conference or ACA/ACVP Annual Conference & Expo – $ 300
- Special event(s) – $ 200
- Four (4) nights of hotel accommodations – $ 1,100
- Up to $500 travel expenses
- Funds to cover meals and travel not covered by registration and incidentals – $ 250 (paid after attendance)
When Can I Apply?
Applications for the Conference Travel Grant must be submitted no later than April 15th or October 15th.
The ACA Foundation will review all complete applications and select up to four (4) pharmacy students to receive a travel grant. The decisions of the Foundation are final.
Students who have applied will be notified of the Foundations’ decision within 30 days after the scholarship deadline.
How Do I Apply?
Recipients of a travel grant, for attendance at an ACA or ACVP Conference, will be selected by the Foundation based on the following applicant criteria:
All applicants must:
- Fill out the Student Pharmacist Travel Grant Online Application below. Incomplete applications may be summarily disqualified from consideration.
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Be a current ACA or ACVP Student Pharmacist member.
- Be able to attend ACA and ACVP Board meetings and the ACA Foundation Board meetings.
- Preferably be nominated by a current ACA, or ACVP member who plans to attend the ACA or ACVP Conference.
- Submit a letter of support. This can be the same individual who nominated the applicant.
How do I join?
Visit the following websites for membership information.
ACA Student Membership Page:
ACVP Student Membership Page: