Welcome to the first blog of the newly designed ACA Research and Education Foundation. Each month we’ll share important information, inspiration and education! Check back monthly to see our latest posts!
With a new year come new goals for your business. Sometimes the best lessons are from companies that differ completely from your own business like the Hewlett-Packard Company which was famously founded in a one-car garage by William Hewlett and Dave Packard.
It has become one of the world’s most innovative and successful technology companies, but it’s never lost sight of its founders’ original vision. According to legend, these rules on innovation were posted in the garage:
• Believe you can change the world.
• Work quickly, keep the tools unlocked, work whenever.
• Know when to work alone and when to work together.
• Share—tools, ideas. Trust your colleagues.
• No politics. No bureaucracy. (These are ridiculous in a garage.)
• The customer defines a job well done.
• Radical ideas are not bad ideas.
• Invent different ways of working.
• Make a contribution every day. If it doesn’t contribute, it doesn’t leave the garage.
• Believe that together we can do anything.
The goals of the ACA Research and Education Foundation are research and education to advance the profession through sustained support of the American College of Apothecaries and its Fellows. One of the ways we do this is through the contributions from you, our Fellows and our corporate sponsors. As you’re planning your profitable year please consider contributing to the ACA Research and Education Foundation. Contributions can happen multiple ways and our dedicated staff would be happy to discuss ways in which you can make a difference. Call us today at 901-383-8119 or email us at REFinfo@acainfo.org.
ACA Research and Education Foundation Donation