Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Company (www.phmic.com) donated funds to the American College of Apothecaries Research and Education Foundation for the creation of the Pharmacists Mutual | ACA Foundation Community Pharmacy Scholarship. These scholarships are awarded to student pharmacists who have demonstrated academic excellence and a commitment to advancing the future of community pharmacy in the United States.
How Do I Apply?
The Pharmacists Mutual | ACA Foundation Community Pharmacy Scholarship will be awarded on the following:
- Evidence of a commitment to contributing to the advancement of community pharmacy with consideration of applicant’s academic achievement, outstanding student leadership, pharmacy association involvement, and community service.
- Demonstrated intent to practice in independent or small chain pharmacy, in an underserved geographic area, or in the armed forces of the United States.
- Good academic standing, earning a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent grading system) in professional coursework during pharmacy school
All applicants must:
- Fill out the Scholarship Application below. Incomplete applications may be summarily disqualified from consideration.
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. school or college of pharmacy on a full-time basis during the term that the scholarship is awarded.
- Be a current ACA or ACVP Student Pharmacist member. Active participation in ACA and/or ACVP student activities and/or leadership roles is not required, but will be favorably considered.
- Submit a letter from a school official familiar with the applicant’s activities OR a letter from a pharmacy owner or manager, preferably an ACA or ACVP Fellow or Member. The letter of support may be submitted separately to email@example.com, but must be received by 11:59 pm on November 1, 2023.
- Submit an essay of up to 500 words describing how you would help in the future to advance Community Pharmacy Patient Care. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SUCH AS RESEARCH PROJECTS, PUBLISHED ARTICLES, ETC.
The Pharmacists Mutual Community Pharmacy Scholarship Deadline has been extended to October 31, 2023.
Note: Applicants may only receive this scholarship one time. Family members of ACA Research & Education Foundation Officers or ACA/ACVP Officers are not eligible to participate in the program. Scholarship recipients will be asked to complete a W-9 to facilitate reporting income that may be taxable via IRS Form 1099.